Healthcare – State’s Limited Control
My academic and professional background is in the field of health care management. Health care is complex, and because of recent government actions, allows the states only limited control. The problem with the Affordable Care Act is its top down, one size fits all design. The ACA fails to address many of the problems. As we work to make changes at the Federal level, I support these principles:
- Allow market forces to take a greater role in health care decisions.
- Place the emphasis back on the doctor/patient relationship.
- Shift compensation to “outcome based” model.
- Assert the right of the states to self-regulate.
- Encourage personal responsibility for healthy lifestyles